• St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 309 Pelzer Highway in Easley, holds its annual yard sale from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• The Pickens Azalea Festival holds its second annual pancake breakfast from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Pickens Senior Center, 129 Schoolhouse St. in Pickens. Tickets are $6 each.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets at the Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Anita Valentin will discuss floral arranging. Call Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for more information.
• St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley, holds its annual oyster roast from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. The cost is $35 for adults, $10 for children ages 6 to 11 and free for children 5 and under. Beverages are included (ID required). Tickets are limited. Call 864-859-6296 for tickets or more information. The church office is open from 8:30 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday.
• The Pickens Rotary Club hosts a spaghetti dinner and live auction from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Pickens High School, 4314 Moorefield Memorial Highway in Pickens. Tickets are $10 each. Eat in or take out. Proceeds benefit Y Mentor Pickens County.
Through March 31
• Clemson Town Hall hosts Freshwater Veins, curated by the Palmetto Curatorial Exchange, through March 31. An opening reception is held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Jan. 6. Pieces will range from batik to and oil painting to photography.
• The Pickens County Board of Disabilities and Special Needs meets from noon to 1:30 p.m. the third Monday of each month at 1308 Griffin Mill Road in Easley. Meetings are not held in July or December.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers birth-K4) meets at 9:30 a.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 9813 Anderson Road in Piedmont. Meetings include brunch, special speakers, group time and more. A nursery is provided.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for more information.
• The Moving Forward Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Silver Bay on S.C. 123 in Easley.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to [email protected] for more information.
• Woodmen Life — Easley Chapter 379 meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at 1302 Three & Twenty Road. Visit www.woodmen.org for more information.
• The Upcountry Quilters Guild meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month in the community room of Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative, 734 W. Main St. in Pickens. Visitors are welcome. Visit www.upcountryquiltguildsc.com for more information.
• American Legion Post 52 meets at 7 p.m. the f0urth Tuesday of each month.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• The Easley Business and Professional Women’s Chapter meets at 12:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at Fatz Cafe in Easley. Send an email to Lynne Mathis at [email protected] or call 864-608-3268 for more information.
• Thursday Night Live is held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. A different host band will be featured each month. The event is being co-sponsored by the Fine Arts Center of Easley. Musicians interested in performing can send an email to [email protected]
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-855-3770, ext. 5, send an email to [email protected] or visit www.pcmow.org for more information.
• The Powdersville Water District Board of Directors meets the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the meeting room of the Powdersville Library, 4 Civic Court in Easley. The Executive Committee meets the week prior to the regular board meeting. All meeting times are subject to change. Call 864-269-5440, ext. 3108, for more information.
• The Arts Council of Pickens County meets at 2:30 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. The group is open to those wanting to build support for the arts. Visit artscouncilofpickens.wix.com for more information.
• American Legion Post 52 is selling flags to support the work they do in the community. To buy a flag or have one retired, contact Paul Smith at 864-238-9144 or Bones Wilson at 864-230-4765.
Outside Pickens County
• The S.C. Chapter of American Christian Fiction Writers meets from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 27 at North Anderson Baptist Church, 2308 N. Main St. in Anderson. Award-winning author Missy Tippens will lead the free class. Contact Elva Cobb Martin at [email protected] or 864-226-7024 for more information.
• The Clemson Area Youth Theatre stages Beauty and the Beast from March 3 through March 5 at 7:30 p.m. and at 3 p.m. March 6. Tickets are $10 for adults, $7 for college students with ID, and $5 for those under age 19. Call the box office at 1-864-646-8100 for reservations. The Clemson Little Theatre is located at the Pendleton Playhouse, 214 S. Mechanic St. in Pendleton.
• The Bart Garrison Agricultural Museum of South Carolina, 120 History Lane in Pendleton, hosts a bagpipe concert at 1 p.m. March 5. The museum will be open for self-guided tours from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $5 per vehicle. A tour of Woodburn Historical House will begin at 2:15 p.m. Admission is charged for that tour.
• Stephen King’s Carrie, the Musical is staged June 3 to June 5 and June 10 to June 12 at Clemson Little Theatre, 214 S. Mechanic St. in Pendleton. Jimmy O. Burdette is the director. Call 864-437-0172 or e-mail [email protected] for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at [email protected] Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.