• The Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Behavioral Health Services of Pickens County, 303 E. Main St. in Pickens. Call Cathy Breazeale at 864-898-5800 or visit www.steppinituppickens.org for more information.
• Jazz flautist Galen Abdur-Razzaq performs at Southern Wesleyan University as part of SWU’s Fine Arts Series at Newton Hobson Chapel and Fine Arts Center in Central. Admission is free. Call 864-644-5408 for more information.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meet at The Foothills Retirement Center on Bud Nalley Drive in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Gloria Kouvolo will give a demonstration on how to decorate Easter eggs as done in the Ukraine. Call Donna Medgyesy at 855-5231 for more information.
• St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley, holds its annual oyster roast from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. The cost is $35 for adults, $10 for children ages 6 to 11 and free for children 5 and under. Beverages are included (ID required). Tickets are limited. Call 864-859-6296 for tickets or more information. The church office is open from 8:30 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday.
Through March 31
• Clemson Town Hall hosts Freshwater Veins, curated by the Palmetto Curatorial Exchange, through March 31. An opening reception is held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Jan. 6. Pieces will range from batik to and oil painting to photography.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Moving Forward Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Silver Bay on S.C. 123 in Easley.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to [email protected] for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• Thursday Night Live is held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. A different host band will be featured each month. The event is being co-sponsored by the Fine Arts Center of Easley. Musicians interested in performing can send an email to [email protected]
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-855-3770, ext. 5, send an email to [email protected] or visit www.pcmow.org for more information.
• The Arts Council of Pickens County meets at 2:30 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. The group is open to those wanting to build support for the arts. Visit artscouncilofpickens.wix.com for more information.
Outside Pickens County
• The Art Gallery on Pendleton Square, 102-A E. Main St. in Pendleton, holds a Second Friday Valentine party from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 12. Call 864-221-0129 for more information.
• The Dream Team Valentine Pageant is held Feb. 6 at Walhalla Middle School. Registration is from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. the day of the event. The pageant begins at 3 p.m. Visit dreamteamproductionsllc.com for application information or call Amanda at 864-650-3165.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at [email protected] Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.