• Meet the Green Wave is held at the Easley High School Football Stadium from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The players will be introduced and there will be food available. Green Wave Spirit gear will also be available. The public is invited.
• The BBQ and Bluegrass Fundraiser for the Senior Center of Pickens is held from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Pickens Senior Center, 129 Schoolhouse Road in Pickens. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door. Plates will include BBQ and a bun, beans, slaw and beverage. Desserts will be $1. Local bands will provide entertainment.
• Jamie Wright Review performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at 114 W. Main St. in Pickens as part of Music on Main. Admission is free. Visit www.historicpickens.com for more information.
• Young Actors Company of Easley holds auditions at 6 p.m. at the Fine Arts Center of Easley for the fall productions of Aladdin and Paintin the Fence (Tom Sawyer). No previous acting experience required. Call 864-442-6027 for more information.
• Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Behavioral Health Services of Pickens County, 303 E. Main St. in Pickens. Meetings are open to anyone interested in learning the dangers of alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
• The annual blood drive in honor of Capt. Kimberly Hampton is held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Hampton Memorial Library in Easley. All donors get a free T-shirt. Call the library at 864-850-7077 for more information.
• Walk for Life is held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Rock Springs Track in Easley. The registration fee is $10. A T-shirt and water will be provided. All proceeds will go to the Hope Women’s Center. The deadline to register is Aug. 15. Call 864-855-8500 or visit http://yourservant.com/hope/events.htm.
• Ride to the Rock, featuring 40k, 60k and 100k rides, begin at 8 a.m. at the Pickens Recreation Center. The event is presented by the Pickens Rotary Club with proceeds benefiting the Doodle Trail. The cost per rider is $40 or $35 if registered by Sept. 14. Visit www.PickensRotary.org/RidetoRock for more information and Go-GreenEvents.com/RideToRock to register.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for more information.
• The Moving Forward Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Silver Bay on S.C. 123 in Easley.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to [email protected] for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
Outside Pickens County
The Anderson County Library System holds its inaugural Electric City ComiCon – a free afternoon event for all ages from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 8 at the Main Library, 300 N. McDuffie St. The event will celebrate superheroes, comics, science fiction, literacy, and art. Events include Q&A sessions with authors, artists, and cosplayers, gaming demos and tournaments, and Cosplay and Fan Art contests.
Coldwell Banker Caine hosts a reception from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 6 for resident artist Mike Kirby at The Real Estate Gallery, 428 S. Main St. in Greenville. The public is invited. Kirby is a Greenville photographer.
Keowee Marina, 150 Keowee Marina Drive in Seneca, is hosting a series of free family events in August. Pirate Day will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 11 (RSVP required) and Movie Night by the Lake will be at 9 p.m. Aug. 13. Call 864-882-2047 or visit www.keoweemarina.com for information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at [email protected] Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.