• The Easley Lions Club holds its 29th annual running of the Firecracker Frolic 5K run/walk at 7:30 a.m. at Old Market Square in Easley. Online registration available at https://eventsignup.org/event-registration. Race day registration will begin at 6:30 a.m. at the race site. The cost is $20.76. Call Glenn Farrow at 864-561-2423, visit www.firecrackerfrolic5k.com or firefrolic5K.com/raceinformation.php for more information.
• The American Legion Post 52 of Easley with the help of The Marine Corp League conducts a Flag Retirement Program at Pope Field on Pope Field Road. The public is invited to bring their faded and worn out flags for retirement. New American and South Carolina flags will be available for purchase.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• The Arts Council of Pickens County meets at 2:30 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. The group is open to those wanting to build support for the arts. Visit artscouncilofpickens.wix.com for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The Anderson County Library System holds its inaugural Electric City ComiCon – a free afternoon event for all ages from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 8 at the Main Library, 300 N. McDuffie St. The event will celebrate superheroes, comics, science fiction, literacy, and art. Events include Q&A sessions with authors, artists, and cosplayers, gaming demos and tournaments, and Cosplay and Fan Art contests.
Keowee Marina, 150 Keowee Marina Drive in Seneca, is hosting a series of free family events in July and August. July events will include Kids Day from 10 a.m. to noon July 7 and Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. July 16. August events will include Pirate Day from 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 11 (RSVP required) and Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. Aug. 13. Call 864-882-2047 or visit www.keoweemarina.com for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at [email protected] Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.