• Conservatives of the Upstate meet at 6:30 p.m. at Blue Ridge Bible Church, 769 Belle Shoals Road in Pickens. Pickens County Sheriff Rick Clark is the guest speaker.
• American Legion Post 52 holds a flapjack fundraising breakfast at Applebee’s from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Tickets are $7 and can be bought from any American Legion Post 52 member or by calling Paul at 864-238-9144.
• Celebrate the Life and Legacy of Holly Springs Elementary School is held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the school. Barbecue and hot dog plates will be sold along with T-shirts. Alumni, their parents, former faculty and staff are invited to attend.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meet at 11:30 a.m. at Fatz in Easley. An installation of officers will be held. Guests are most welcome. Contact Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for information.
• The Better Breathers Club meets from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The meeting is open to anyone who wants to learn how to manage COPD, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis or other lung diseases.
• The Pickens County Library Board of Trustees meets at 6 p.m. at Hampton Memorial Library. The meeting is open to the public.
• The Pickens County Board of Disabilities and Special Needs meets from noon to 1:30 p.m. the third Monday of each month at 1308 Griffin Mill Road in Easley. Meetings are not held in July or December.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-855-3770, ext. 5, send an email to [email protected] or visit www.pcmow.org for more information.
Outside Pickens County
• Art Gallery on Pendleton Square, 102-A E. Main St. in Pendleton, hosts watercolorist and Co-op member Myrl Garment from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. May 13. Light refreshments will be served. Visit artgalleryps.org or call 864-221-0129 for more information.
• The annual High School Junior Meet & Greet is held at 9 a.m. May 14 at the Armed Forces Recruiting Center, 3215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. in Anderson. Those wanting to attend should contact their local Marine recruiter for more information.
• The Greenville Council of Garden Clubs holds its annual garden tour from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 13 and May 14 at locations near Furman University. Pre-tour tickets are $22 and $25 on tour days. Call 864-232-3020 for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at [email protected] Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.