• Venture Church, 128 South Pendleton St. in Easley, celebrates Easter at the Amphitheater in Market Square in downtown Easley from 10 a.m. to noon. They will be giving away 300 Easter baskets to children and 100 food bags beginning at 10 a.m. First come, first serve. Email [email protected] or call 864-616-0561 for more information.
• Southern Wesleyan University’s Jazz Ensemble hits the stage at 7:30 p.m. Always a pick up, the jazz band will provide a bright evening of new and old jazz. Admission is free. Call 864-644-5408 or visit www.swu.edu/finearts for more information.
Through March 31
• Clemson Town Hall hosts Freshwater Veins, curated by the Palmetto Curatorial Exchange, through March 31. An opening reception is held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Jan. 6. Pieces will range from batik to and oil painting to photography.
• Triumphant performs at 7 p.m. at Rock Springs Baptist Church, 201 Rock Springs Road in Easley. No tickets are required. The Ball Brothers will be the special guest. A life support offering will be taken.
April 8-May 13
• Small Farms and Backyards classes are held from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Hayden Conference Center in the South Carolina Botanical Garden offered by Clemson Extension HGIC. Learn basics on beekeeping, livestock, forages, gardening and guidelines for selling direct to consumers. Fee is $175 covers six classes, materials and a field trip. Contact Millie Davenport 864-656-9999 or [email protected]
• The inaugural Vance Bailey Memorial 5K is held at the old Liberty High School football stadium. Proceeds will be used to establish an academic scholarship for a college-bound athlete in honor of Vance Bailey.
• Lawrence Chapel UMC, 2101 Six Mile Highway in Central, holds a jewelry and accessories sale and a bake sale from 9 a.m. to noon. Call 864-653-4461 for more information.
April 28-May 1
• The Crucible by Arthur Miller is staged at Enrapt Arts Center, 118 W. Main St. in Pickens. Breann Griffin-Nicholson is the director. Visit www.enrapt.org for more information.
• The 19th annual Blue Ridge Fest is held from 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at Blue Ridge Electric Co-Op, 734 W. Main St. in Pickens. Entertainment will include Jay & The Americans, Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners and Jim Quick & Coastline. Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for children the day of the event. Advance tickets are $20 for adults and $12 for children. Proceeds will benefit local charities.
• The Pickens County Board of Disabilities and Special Needs meets from noon to 1:30 p.m. the third Monday of each month at 1308 Griffin Mill Road in Easley. Meetings are not held in July or December.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• The Upcountry Quilters Guild meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month in the community room of Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative, 734 W. Main St. in Pickens. Visitors are welcome. Visit www.upcountryquiltguildsc.com for more information.
• American Legion Post 52 meets at 7 p.m. the f0urth Tuesday of each month.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• The Easley Business and Professional Women’s Chapter meets at 12:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at Fatz Cafe in Easley. Send an email to Lynne Mathis at [email protected] or call 864-608-3268 for more information.
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-855-3770, ext. 5, send an email to [email protected] or visit www.pcmow.org for more information.
• American Legion Post 52 is selling flags to support the work they do in the community. To buy a flag or have one retired, contact Paul Smith at 864-238-9144 or Bones Wilson at 864-230-4765.
Outside Pickens County
• The Pendleton Historic Foundation and the Bart Garrison Agricultural Museum of South Carolina host “Old Farm Day” at Ashtabula from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 26.
• The 24th annual Jubilee Joy Ride is held April 2 with a mass start at 8 a.m. at the Bart Garrison Agricultural Museum of South Carolina. Register at www.active.com. Proceeds will benefit the Kids Weekend Backpack Meals programs of Anderson, Oconee and Pickens counties. Email [email protected] for more information.
• The 39th annual Spring Jubilee is held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. April 2 and noon to 5 p.m. April 3 in Pendleton. The Flashbacks perform at 10 a.m. April 2.
• Stephen King’s Carrie, the Musical is staged June 3 to June 5 and June 10 to June 12 at Clemson Little Theatre, 214 S. Mechanic St. in Pendleton. Jimmy O. Burdette is the director. Call 864-437-0172 or e-mail [email protected] for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at [email protected] Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.