• Spirit Night to benefit Relay for Life of Pickens County is held from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Joe’s Ice Cream. Proceeds will benefit Team Lunch Lois and Team Big Cow.
• The Pickens County Taxpayers Association meets at 7 p.m. at the Rural Water Office Building on U.S. 178. Pickens County Sheriff Rick Clark is the speaker.
• St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 309 Pelzer Highway in Easley, holds its annual yard sale from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• The Pickens Azalea Festival holds its second annual pancake breakfast from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Pickens Senior Center, 129 Schoolhouse St. in Pickens. Tickets are $6 each.
Through March 31
• Clemson Town Hall hosts Freshwater Veins, curated by the Palmetto Curatorial Exchange, through March 31. An opening reception is held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Jan. 6. Pieces will range from batik to and oil painting to photography.
• The Upcountry Quilters Guild meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month in the community room of Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative, 734 W. Main St. in Pickens. Visitors are welcome. Visit www.upcountryquiltguildsc.com for more information.
• American Legion Post 52 meets at 7 p.m. the f0urth Tuesday of each month.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• The Easley Business and Professional Women’s Chapter meets at 12:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at Fatz Cafe in Easley. Send an email to Lynne Mathis at [email protected] or call 864-608-3268 for more information.
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave.
• The Powdersville Water District Board of Directors meets the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the meeting room of the Powdersville Library, 4 Civic Court in Easley. Call 864-269-5440, ext. 3108, for more information.
Outside Pickens County
• Auditions for The Clemson Little Theatre’s production of Stephen King’s Carrie, the Musical are at 6 p.m. Feb. 22 and Feb. 23 in Cox Hall, next door to the theatre, 214 S. Mechanic St. in Pendleton. All actors and actresses must be able to sing and move well. Youths must be at least 15 to audition. Those auditioning should come prepared with a song, preferably from the show, to showcase vocal range and abilities. Bring a non-returnable photo and any calendar conflicts for March, April, May and June.
• The S.C. Chapter of American Christian Fiction Writers meets from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 27 at North Anderson Baptist Church, 2308 N. Main St. in Anderson. Award-winning author Missy Tippens will lead the free class. Contact Elva Cobb Martin at [email protected] or 864-226-7024 for more information.
• A free hunter education class is held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 20 at the Foothills Community Church, 505 Bountyland Road in Seneca. Pre-register at www.dnr.sc.gov by clicking on the hunter education icon. Registration is first come, first served. All children under age 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Call 1-800-277-4301 for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at [email protected] Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.