• The Women’s Club of Easley meets at 3:15 p.m. at the Hampton Library for it annual business meeting.
• Thursday Night Live, featuring the music of Mark Webb, is held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. A different host band will be featured each month. The event is being co-sponsored by the Fine Arts Center of Easley. Musicians interested in performing can send an email to [email protected]
• The Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Pickens County Sheriff’s Office, 216 C. David Stone Road in Pickens. Meetings are open to anyone interested in educating youth on the danger of alcohol, drugs and tobacco. Visit www.steppinituppickens.org or call 864-898-5800 for more information.
• The Easley Newcomers and Friends meets at 10 a.m. at Foothills Retirement Community, 205 Bud Nalley Drive in Easley, in the community building. Bingo begins at 10:30 a.m.
• The fifth annual Winter Bluegrass Jubilee is held at the Pickens High School in the auditorium. Visit www.yamupstate.com for more information.
Through March 31
• Clemson Town Hall hosts Freshwater Veins, curated by the Palmetto Curatorial Exchange, through March 31. An opening reception is held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Jan. 6. Pieces will range from batik to and oil painting to photography.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Moving Forward Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Silver Bay on S.C. 123 in Easley.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or email [email protected] for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave.
• American Legion Post 52 is selling flags to support the work they do in the community. To buy a flag or have one retired, contact Paul Smith at 864-238-9144 or Bones Wilson at 864-230-4765.
Outside Pickens County
• A Ban the Trash in Anderson County meeting is held from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 7 at High Praises Church of God, 4506 Midway Road in Williamston. Anyone interested in keeping Anderson County free of trash is welcome to attend.
• Art Gallery on Pendleton Square, 102-A E. Main St. in Pendleton, holds its Second Friday event from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Jan. 8 featuring photographer Del Kimbler. Call 864-221-0129 for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at [email protected] Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.